Some things come up every now and then at QuizQuizQuiz events, some more than others. Let’s have a look at some of things people say at a quiz night…
In no way am I mocking the use of these phrases, in no way am I saying these are phrases people shouldn’t use or that in any way cause me to bridle or sneer, they’re simply phrases one hears, and part of the fun and games of being a professional quiz master. Do they ring any bells?
So, in no particular order, here are the phrases that I’ve heard once, twice or maybe even rather a few times:
- If I slip you a tenner can I see the answers?
- Do you need them in order?
- Do you do weddings?
- Can I have a P, please, Bob?
- They won last year. Can you make sure they don’t win again?
- I wasn’t even born in 1980. How could I know that?
- Do you need the name of the song or the name of the artist?
- Can you repeat Question 4?
- If there’s a sports round, there should be a fashion round too.
- This is by far and away the best quiz I’ve ever been to. QuizMaster, you’re a genius, and I’ll definitely recommend you and your company to all my friends.
- Sorry, it’s on two sheets.
- We’ve written on the back of the sheet, and put PTO at the bottom of the first sheet.
- Where do you get your questions from?
- Can you tell me where the toilets are, please?
- What happens if you leave it blank?
- Can you tell that team to stop using their iPhone?
- We should get a higher number of points because there’s only four of us.
- Sorry, there’s beer on the sheet.
- Your flies are …wa-hey, made you look.
- Are they all from the same year?
- Do we need to answer all of the questions on the picture handout sheet?
- Can you give us an update on the overall scores?
- Is this your actual job?
- Shouldn’t we get a half mark for that?
- You said it would be General Knowledge. Geography isn’t General Knowledge.
- Can I have a bonus point for getting it in first?
Anything else along these lines that you hear people saying at a quiz night? Please share your thoughts in the comments.